I haven’t done a DIY in ages! And seeing as most people arrive at this blog looking for DIY jewellery I thought I’d get back into the game. I’ve seen these washer and ribbon necklaces traipsing about the interwebs and thought I’d give it a go. It’s really simple, but kind of hard to explain, so bear with me!
All you need are washers from the hardware store, I used 14. They are about 15 cents each depending on size. And some ribbon. I got 2m in pink and orange.
1. Thread your ribbon through the 1st washer, making sure to leave plenty of ribbon left over on the end.
2. Thread the ribbon through the 2nd washer, then back down through the hole of the 1st washer
3. Then pull the ribbon tight and it should look like this:
4. Thread the ribbon through the hole in the 2nd washer
5. Thread the ribbon through the middle of the 3rd washer…
… and then back through the hole in the 2nd washer:
Pull the ribbon tight and it should look like this:
Repeat the process as many times as you like until you are happy with the amount of hardware on your necklace.
When you are done trim the ends of the ribbon so they are the same length, tie the ends together to fasten the necklace at whatever length you like.
Voila! (Elly if you are reading this I borrowed your CK denim jacket on the weekend… thaaaanks)
Got any good DIY posts? Put a link in the comment section for me!