This is the story of my (banana related) life:
Rather than make more banana bread and more smoothies, I thought I’d try a cookie recipe with my decaying bananas. These cookies are so good, delicious and moist. Perhaps the best I’ve ever made.
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 and 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- half a teaspoon of salt
- a quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (I just used three)
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Mash these ugly things (seriously, how gross is the black one? It’s making me dry retch…):
1. Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees celcius, line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In another bowl cream together the sugar and butter, add the eggs and then beat in the vanilla and mashed bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon heaped tablespoons of the batter on the tray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly brown.
Cool them on a rack for as long as you can possibly manage (which for me, is not long at all) and consume with a frosty glass of milk.