It’s rare that I have the luxury of having old bananas to use in baking, but last week my housemate Elly asked me to buy 10 bananas. 10! So that we could stuff them with chocolate and marshmallows, wrap them in foil and bake them in our campfire when we went camping last weekend. We never got around to having a campfire. So now there is a lump of blackened bananas in our freezer. Appetising, no?
Instead of making banana bread (again) I made these tasty lil’ muffs. I used:
– 60g butter
– 2 cups of self-raising flour
– 1/2 cup of caster sugar
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 eggs
– 2 ripe bananas, mashed
– 1 cup of choc chips
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a 12 muffin tray with paper cases or baking paper squares.
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar
2. Melt the butter in the microwave (or in a saucepan on the stove if you like washing pans) and pour into a jug with the milk and the eggs.
3. Using a whisk lightly beat the milk, eggs and butter.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture.
5. Add the mashed bananas (ewwww) and gently mix the ingredients together until just combined.
6. Stir in the choc bits
Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until firm on top when lightly touched.
What is the most disgusting thing you have in your freezer?